The news is everywhere that a shakeup has gone down behind the scenes at American Idol. With ratings starting to decline and Simon leaving the program, producers knew that they had to take some drastic measures.
So, judges Ellen and Kara are out and replacing them will be J-Lo and Steven Tyler. What hasn’t been reported is that General Petraeus will also be joining the show as a judge. Already assigned with the twin burdens of successfully completing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, Petraeus will be expected to rescue the disaster that Idol has become.
Some people think Petraeus is too nice like Ellen, but this is a four-star general who is used to talking tough with some of the most evil terrorists in the world. If you sing a song and you sound like a bunch of cats murdering a bird, Petraeus isn’t going to lie to you.
He’s also up for the ratings challenge. ”We will pursue Dancing with the Stars relentlessly,” Petraeus said at a press conference. “We will target them and their leaders. We will fight hard and with discipline until we reach our achievable goals.”
In order to further liven things up, Ryan Seacrest has been let go to make room for new host, Al-Qaeda member Ali Saleh Kahlah al-Marri. Unlike Ellen, this enemy combatant is definitely not too nice. In fact, he’s a terrorist hellbent on destroying Western culture. The banter between Al-Marri and Petraeus will no doubt be deliciously bitchy. Fox has its fingers crossed.
More Entertainment News:
- That Dick Cheney sex tape finally surfaces.
- Lady Gaga urinates on home plate at Yankee Stadium.
- Snooki just crapped her pants.
- Lindsay thinks she’s in a really lousy airport.
- Michael Scott to be murdered on The Office.
- New ESPN program: Lebron James Discusses His Pecker Variety Hour.
- Bachelor Jake and Vienna continue their joint cancer research.
- Larry King interviews Lady Gaga.
- Sally Field is still having problems with her bones.