Hey, Bieber, get your ass over here. I’ve got another job for you.
I don’t have time to manscape, so I’ll drop trou and you flip that mower over and buzz my ballsac. But be careful!
Good job, Harry Pothead. Now my boys are smooth. You’re way better than that nun in Florida. She nicked my nutbag.
Okay, enough of you, midget loser, now I’m going to go be deeply intimate with the First Lady.
• Some notes from me and excerpts from Jeet Heer and Jeffrey Goldberg on Trump and his aftermath.
• The effect 60 Minutes had on American journalism was a mixed blessing.
• Some thoughts on Chelsea Manning’s smart NYT op-ed about the “eerily banal dystopian novel” we’ve written ourselves into.
• Spiegel interviewed Edward Snowden, another dubious character in a dubious age.
• Perspectives on the political and personal complications of social media by Nick Bilton and Matt Haig.
• Nicholas Carr believes our warm welcome of nascent ambient technologies speaks to our narcissism.
• In 1957, Henry Miller predicted the emergence of a tyranny of technology.
• Old Print Articles: Mussolini manhandles the media. (1933/37)
• This week’s Afflictor keyphrase searches: Daniel Boorstin, dictator chic, etc.