This week, Donald Trump withdrew the United States from the Paris Accord, which was aimed at averting environmental disaster.
I will not stop until America is a small, hot cinder I can hold between my thumb and index finger.
Now that I’ve gotten revenge on the world because I was never hugged as a child, I can get back to the links. Just have to make one call first.
Hi Vlad, this is Don. I did what you told me to do and now America is in a deeper hole than Gregg Allman. So, you won’t leak incriminating information about me, will you?
Yes I will, dum-dum. I’ll ruin you at just the right moment.
Why would you do that?
I’m evil. It’s sort of my thing. Have to run now and have sex with dog in swimming pool. Bye.
You’re looking particularly lovely this evening, Princess Sassy.
• Elizabeth Drew considers the recent debacles of the Trump Administration.
• Bernie Sanders, noted Caucasian whisperer, talks about Trump.
• Stephen Fry’s Hay Festival talk analyzed the coming Digital Age challenges.
• Martin Rees meditates on the Big Bang, post-human intelligence, etc.
• China is pouring resources into efforts to Artificial Intelligence research.
• Walt Mossberg writes of “ambient computing” and its troubling seamlessness.
• Tim Dunlop on the potential upside of DeepMind dethroning human Go champs.
• A brief note from 1922 about the “Teleview.”
• This week’s Afflictor keyphrase searches: John Dean, Billy James Hargis, etc.